8/05/2013

Nihil lacrima citius arescit

I thought I was ok, that somehow the past three months had been enough time for me to put enough distance between me and those demons that had such a pronounced grip on me. Apparently it wasn't enough and after today's very unpleasant jolt, I can once again see those fractures, fractures that seem to have remained unmended. Kicking and screaming, I felt like I was dragged once again into that empty darkened space where the bitterness, maintained in degree through the incessant reliving of ravaging memories, abounds. The toxic choking haze surrounds me and I am powerless, as I had been before. How long will you stalk me? I wish you would just leave me alone.

Today, I was looking around a few folders and I came across a random file with a Latin filename. This was downloaded so it wasn't me who made it. It was entitled "Nihil lacrima citius arescit" or "Nothing dries quicker than a tear" in English (I'll just add proudly that I translated most of it without having to look online).

I hope that's true.

No comments: